A/E Firms + Profiles

Part of AEWorldMap.com

Author Archive

ERO Architects

Location:
300 S. 8th Street
McAllen, Texas 78501
t. 956.661.0400
f. 956.661.0401

Services:
Architecture
Structural Engineering
Urban Design
Interior Design

Firm Overview:
ERO Architects specializes in the design of a full range of education facilities, including Pre-K (early childhood development), K-12 schools, and institutions of higher education. Founder and Managing Partner, Eli Ochoa established this multi-disciplinary design firm to foster a creative culture mixed with talent of diverse geographic backgrounds and disciplines, and deep levels of experience so as to culminate into the creation of successful projects and satisfied clients.

Eli Ochoa fosters the belief that smart education institutions should always continue to raise the bar for architecture and accelerate the adoption of technology-infused teaching practices that address 21st century skill building. Sharing in this belief is my partner Manuel Hinojosa, an established and seasoned architects who provides a variety of administrative, design, production and project support leadership.

We have hard working, honest and highly competent individuals to see to it that we fulfill on the goals of our client. ERO has the capability to provide complete architecture and engineering services and works with other established firms to create a comprehensive group of talent and experience working together for a common goal: produce a high-quality sustainable education facility.

Selected Projects:

Edcouch-Elsa Field House- Edcouch-Elsa, Texas

Zapata Museum- Zapata, Texas

Weslaco Performing Arts Center- Weslaco, Texas

Zapata HEC- Zapata, Texas

The Texas State Technical College University Center- Harlingen, Texas

All photos and information are creditted to http://www.eroarchitects.com/home.php

Advertisements

Written by Alexander Cantu

January 27, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

Huitt Zollars

Locations:
1717 McKinney Avenue
Avenue 1400
Dallas, TX 75202-1236
Phone: 214.871.3311
Fax: 214.871.0757

Other Locations:
Pheonix, AZ
Irvine, CA
Ontario, CA
Westlake Village, CA
Denver, Colorado
Albuquerqu, NM
Rio Rancho, TX
Austin, TX
Dallas, TX
El Paso, TX
Fort Worth, TX
Houston, TX
Seattle, WA
Tacoma, WA

Services:
Civil Engineering
Architecture
Structural Engineering
Construction Management
Landscape Architecture
Planning & Urban Design

Office Demographics:
Number of total Employees: 351
Number of Professional Engineers (Civil): 73
Number of Professional Engineers (Civil) but Structural: 11

Degree Requirements:
BS Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Architectural Engineering

Software Implimented:
AutoCAD, Microstation

History:
A detailed history of Huitt-Zollars can be found through their website using the following link:
http://huitt-zollars.com/au.htm?goSection=history

Selected Projects:

Blackstone Hotel Historical Renovation- Fort Worth, Texas

Arroyo Trabuco Gold Course- Mission Viejo, California

Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge- Dallas, Texas

Written by Alexander Cantu

January 20, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Posted in Uncategorized

Flad Architects

Location:
999 Peachtree St
Suite 1200
Atlanta, Georgia 30309

P678 490-0356
F678 490-0537

Other Offices located in:
Gainesville, Florida
Madison, Winsconsin
New York, New York
Raleigh, North Carolina
San Francisco, California
Tampa, Florida

Services:
Architecture
Interior Design
Landscape Architecture
Master Planning
Strategic Planning
Structural Engineering
Sustainable Design

History:
The company was founded in 1927 by John J. Flad, who was a former apprentice of Frank Lloyd Wright. The partice first began by designing churches and residential homes throughout the Madison, Wisconsin area. Flad’s first church was St. Bernard’s Church. The firm was first recognized by the Architectural Forum magazine in 1936 for their design of the Erickson Home for the Madison Small Homes Bureau. by the 1950’s, Flad expanded regionally and began specializing in higer edeucation and healthcare projects throughout the midwest. In the 1970’s and early 80’s, the firm realized that they should expand their experience designing hospital labs globally. The firm then became specialized in designing corporate offices, data centers, training center, and science and technology laboratories. In 1985, John Flad’s son sold the practice to five of his employees, transforming it into an employee-owned firm. In 1994 the practice became an active member of the US Green Building Council and was one of the developers of the Leadership in Enery and Environmental Design (LEED) version 1.0 Building Rating System in 1996-1998. The practice actually participated in one of the LEED Pilot Program and designed the first research facility to achieve LEED Gold rating with the Pharmacia Life Sciences Building Project. Today, they continue to be innovators of design in the academic, workplace, technology, life science, and healthcare sectors, with an emphasis on the philosophy of “People inspiring architecture”.

Selected Projects:

St. Bernard's Church- Madison, WI

Advanced Energy Center, Stony Brook University- Stony Brook, New York

Simon Hall, Indiana University- Bloomington, Indiana

Centennial Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciece, University of Alberta- Alberta, Canada

August A. Busch III Brewing ad Food Science Laboratory, University of California, Davis- Davis, California

Written by Alexander Cantu

January 18, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Posted in Architects, Engineers

Halff Associates, Inc.

Location:
1201 North Bowser
Road Richardson, TX 75081-2275
Voice: (214) 346-6200 Fax: (214) 739-0095

Services:
Arcthitecture
Construction Management
Environmental Services
Geographic Information Systems
Interior Design
Land Development
Landscape Architecture
MEP
Planning and Urban Design
Religious Architecture
Structural Engineering
Surveying

Office Demographics:
Total number of employees: 435
Engineers: 185 civil/mechanical/electrical; 9 structural
Degree Requirement: BSCE, BSAE (preference for BSCE)

History:

Halff Associates was founded in 1950 by Dr. Albert H. Halff. He was born in Midland, TX on 20 August, 1915. Dr. Halff earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering in 1937 from Southern Methodist University, a Master of Science in Civil Engineering in 1942 from Illinois Institute of Technology, and a Doctorate of Engineering in 1950 from the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Maryland. His once-small firm began as a consulting engineering company in a one-room office in Dallas. From the beginning, Halff’s mission was to “provide quality engineering consulting services and find sustainable solutions that fullfilled human needs while protecting the natural environment” (Halff Associates). Now, Halff has expanded to 10 locations and is a Texas-based and multi-disciplined professional services firm. Halff not only  provides services across the United States but also around the world.

Selected Projects:

First Baptist Church of Roswell- Roswell, New Mexico

Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector Headquarters- Edinburg, Texas

Latino Cultural Center- Dallas, Texas

Coppell Town Center- Coppell, Texas

Bicycle Redesign Plan- City of Austin, Texas

Written by Alexander Cantu

January 18, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Calatrava, Santiago


Offices:
Zurich, Switzerland
Paris, France
Valencia, Spain
New York City, USA

Specialties:
Structural Engineering
Sculpture and Art
Integrated Design
Bridges
Train/Railway Stations

Website:
www.calatrava.com


History:

Santiago Calatrava Valls was born in Valencia, Spain on July 28, 1951. He began his studies in architecture at the Escuela Tecnica Superios de Arquitecture de Valencia in 1969 and later studied civil engineering in 1975. By 1979, he received a Doctorate in Technical Science from the Department of Architecture, ETH Zurich, where he wrote his thesis titled: Concerning the Foldability of Spaceframes. Calatrava began his first architecture and engineering practice in Zurich, Switzerland in 1981. All of his work is readily characterized by its focus on architecture, engineering, and sculpture. Much of his career is dedicated to bridges and train stations, but their forms depict a language that is derived from natural forms and the human body. With strong gestures of form and unorthodox structural techniques, Calatrava’s style has been called by many as linking the seperation between structural engineering and architecture.  He has now established offices in Paris, Valencia, and New York in 1989, 1991, and 2004, respectively.

Selected Projects:

Turning Torso- Malmö, Sweden


   
Milwaukee Art Museum- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Youtube video of movable Brise Soliel

     
Sundial Bridge at Turtle Bay- Redding, California

     
Valencia City of Arts- Valencia, Spain

  
Light Rail Train Bridge- Jerusalem, Isreal


Written by Alexander Cantu

August 30, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Posted in Architects, Engineers